Monday, December 5, 2011

The Project

I'm at a point in my year where I don't have a project consuming my brain.  Ironman training is taking a break.  LSAT studying is over.  And work is slow.  My brain is antsy.  You know what happens when my brain is antsy?  I end up with red hair.  Very cute red hair that I like very much.  But RED HAIR. 

So my new project, in title, mainly and only in seriousness a little is "Sugar Daddy Shopping."  Of course, finding a very attractive, somewhat young man (30's-ish) who would be able to provide for me for the rest of my days with me not needing to work would be wonderful.  But it's not an official requirement.  A benefit only.  Ok, so at the moment I'm burnt out on a lot of things, and the idea of never having to work again sounds kinda nice right now.  Give me a month with nothing to do, not only will I have red hair, but I wouldn't have much of it left.  Ok, maybe 2 months. 

But the idea of this project has gotten me thinking about a few things.  Mainly, where do you meet someone?  And really, it's always been a question of mine.  I've tried the internet.  And though I've met people that way.  I've dated people that way.  It's just never really felt...right.  For me.  I know several other people who have met that way, and it's worked for them.  It's just not for me. 

Ok, so I meet new people all the time.  I've even gone through the "getting to know you" process a few times this year.  But before we got to the dating you thing, I realized it just wasn't going to work.  They were not the one. 

In my own group of friends, there are so many different stories of how couples met, it's actually hard to keep track of them all.  Friends setting them up.  Parents setting them up.  Meeting at work.  Meeting online.  Meeting in a bar.  All of the above and then some. 

My dad, always the one to give helpful advice, has occasionally given me ideas on how to meet the man of my dreams.  My favorite one involves the fact that I'm klutzy, and injure myself.  He figures that in one of the many times I damage myself, I will spend enough time in the ER to snag a Dr.  Now, I don't totally hate the idea.  A Dr. would meet several of my must haves, and even a few of the nice to haves on my list of requirements.  But the main flaw in this theory is that the only way I'm going to the ER is if I'm unconscious.  And the likelihood of me being able to pick up a Dr. in that state is slim. I won't say none.  Anything can happen. 

I guess in reality, I don't, and can't, know the answer to my question.  I'm curious about it.  And knowing me, it will be completely random, like me literally tripping over them...or something weird like that. 

I don't know.  But my hope is that this time next year, I'll have the answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment